Well its been a long while since I blogged about the big extension project that we are having done at home. We are now on Week 16…it was meant to be finished by now but like every Grand Designs programme I have ever watched nothing ever completed on time or on budget, but we are not doing too bad and most importantly we are still sane and coping with the house being a building site and rooms upside down.
The kids bedrooms was one task that we pulled forward so at the end of August the builders started creating the kids new rooms
And both of them gained a few extra feet which has made a load of difference to the individual space that they have.
They got into their new rooms a week into the new school term which was a big help that they were resettled after camping out in the spare room for a few weeks.
Then it was all about getting the roof on and the building watertight, which seemed to take ages
But we got there in the end and the day came that the scaffolding came down which made a huge difference
It was even better when earlier on this week the windows and doors arrived so we are now watertight, and it transforms the building
Inside we have gone from this
to this is a very short space of time
and this week there has been teams of builders, plumbers and lots of electricians onsite getting the first fixes in. The kitchen is due a week on Monday so still lots to be done to get the space ready for the kitchen fitters, and there is still the work to be done on the 2 storey extension inside and outside.
Onto the final stretch now 🙂