We’re heading away on Friday for the first camping weekend of the season, and this year we’ll be ditching the tent and doing something different.
Bob is the one that gets filled with all the equipment and Mollie travels empty to basically show her off and enter her into the Show and Shine competitions. So far in the last 4 shows she has entered she has come away with 4 trophies, 2 of them being Best in Show ones which means she beat every other vehicle from all the categories. (I sound like a proud mum!)
Anyway, we have been looking for a better way to camp and have had work done on Bob’s interior so that he now has a full width “rock and roll” bed so there is room to sleep in there now, and also reconfigured the storage space. We are half way through re-covering the seats and replacing panels but this is now where the kids will sleep. We’ve also had to invest in removable black out blinds so that we don’t need curtains but he’s all good now.
Then we were looking at a variety of trailer sleeping pods but really couldn’t find anything that had everything, with enough sleeping space and enough storage. We did find one that we could get customised but at over £11,000 it was just crazy money.
Then we stumbled on the Eriba caravans and we fell in love, and the hunt was on. The smallest one you can get is called a Puck, followed by a Pan and these look great hooked up to a VW. We found an Eriba Puck up in Edinburgh, vintage, 1975 and bought it from a few pictures. We had it delivered a few weeks ago and have been busy getting it ready. We had to give it a name and decided on PeggySue 🙂
I haven’t got any cool photos of her yet, so here she is parked up (we even had to make some extra room on the drive for her, but fortunately she takes up hardly any space)
And a couple of inside shots. This is the sitting room and bedroom
And here’s the kitchen complete with 2 ring gas hob and sink
The kids used PeggySue as their den for the first few evenings, and I got back from work one day to find them already in there chilling out.
We had to get Bob altered to be able to tow the Eriba Puck since he did have a big fat exhaust pipe that stuck out from underneath the bumper, so we had to get a new exhaust fitted as well as the tow bar. Here’s Bob’s shiny towbar and new exhaust.
And the last thing that was left to do last night was to do a test run at towing. A bit nerve wrecking but all absolutely fine. Looking forward to a great summer of camping 🙂